Friday, July 1, 2016

Who needs yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate to Rwanda, Who is exempted from the Immunisation certificate?

While Rwanda is Yellow Fever free, following the current active outbreak of Yellow Fever in
Yellow fever vaccination certificate advice to Rwanda
Angola and the documenting of imported cases in some countries, the Rwandan Ministry of Health is implementing measures to prevent the import of Yellow Fever cases and therefore protect the health of residents and visitors.
The following instructions are delivered to inform public and travelers:
1. To enter in Rwanda, a Yellow Fever vaccination certificate is not required for travelers (Residents/ Non-Residents) coming from Yellow Fever non-endemic countries and without an active transmission outbreak of Yellow Fever.
2. To enter in Rwanda, a valid Yellow Fever vaccination certificate is mandatory for travelers (Residents/ Non-Residents) coming from Yellow Fever endemic countries1 and countries2 with active Yellow Fever transmission outbreaks.
3. All residents travelling to Yellow Fever endemic countries1 should be vaccinated at least 10 days before travelling.
4. For travelers (Resident/ Non-Resident) coming from an active Yellow Fever transmission outbreak country2 or travelers who have recently visited (within 24 days) an active Yellow Fever transmission outbreak country2 the following instructions will be applied:
 Yellow Fever endemic countries1: Angola, Argentina, Benin, Bolivia Plurinational, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Colombia, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ecuador, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, French Guiana, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Uganda, Venezuela.                                                             
 Active Yellow Fever transmission outbreak country2: Angola
If you would like to get a waiver of the vaccination certificate and enter Rwanda, there are generally two ways to get and present an exemption. The first is to go to a registered provider of the Yellow Fever vaccine and have them write the exemption on the International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis (ICVP) card (Yellow Card). The other way is to have your physician write the exemption on practice letterhead. The following link to the UK Health Service contains a further link to a template for such a letter of medical exemption.
Click here for Official Letter